01 February 2007

Sharing a moment...

...with Casey.

As you can tell, it's late. Mr. Abby is off to work very early, so he's all curled up in bed.

I decided to eat a pear. This, of course, brings the German Fruitbat out of the bedroom at a dead run. I stood in the kitchen munching on my pear while she gazed hopefully up at me.

Then I noticed a ruffled patch of hair on her back. Uh-oh, I thought. Does she have an itchy spot? (We're gaining on this issue since the antibiotics started, but I'm being paranoid)

So I stuck the pear into my mouth, grabbed the bottle of prescription Preemptive Itch Strike Spray the vet provided, and set to sprayin'.

Remember me telling you how much this dog loves fruit? Here I was, dangling a partially-eaten good-smelling pear at her eye level, and both of my hands were occupied with spraying. This resulted in a weird hysterical dance during which I swore at her. Quietly, so as not to wake Mr. Abby.

Being the human and having opposable thumbs, I did win. But it was close. Washed my hands (let's hear it for antibacterical hand washing foam! Yea!), then gave Casey a big chunk of pear.

I cannot wait until this weird skin disorder is in the past.