04 February 2007

Computer stuff...

I switched to the "new blogger" quite some time ago. Being such a non-expert, it didn't make a big difference to me, and in fact has spared me some HTML nightmares.

A couple of days ago, my laptop started making noises about switching to Internet Explorer 7. I ignored it, and it just got more insistant. Stupid MicroSoft... So I let it go ahead and update me.

Man, I hate this new IE7. What the hell is the deal with these "tabs?" What function do they serve that wasn't served by "windows?" A couple of times I've glanced up on my screen to see a "tab" open to some random site I'd visited. Of course, I still can have multiple windows, so I have two different things performing the same function.

And this stupid new "favorites" bar... The good thing? If I want to add something to my favorites, I can store it in the appropriate folder immediately. The downside...click on the wrong part of my "blogs" folder, and 37 different blogs open in 37 different "tabs." Aggggh!

I was briefly subjected to Mozilla Firefox by the Army. I wasn't nuts about it, but it did seem to be fairly intuitive. I may very well have to look into switching to Firefox for my own use. Unless this IE7 starts making a lot of sense in a real hurry, it's going to get kicked to the curb.