05 February 2007

The day after

Well, Super Bowl recovery is underway at BDC. I took it pretty easy last night, so I'm feeling fairly good. Mr. Abby got a bit more enthusiastic with his beer-drinkin'-and-yelling-at-the-TV, so I'm getting sad little emails from him at work, mostly made up of phrases like "ughhhh..... "

I don't drink and raise hell the way I once did, and that's without a doubt a good thing. I miss some of the hell raising, but not the ughh.... mornings. I'm not as tough as I was in my Sergeant-of-Marines days either, and I cannot fathom how I used to get up and make it to work every day.

These days my drug of choice is still brewed, but it's hot and has fewer calories. Speaking of, I desperately require a coffee drink with milk and sugar and caramel (I normally drink coffee black, but sometimes a candy-bar-in-a-cup is soooo gooood). I think I shall get one.

It'll enable me to drop the rent check at the landlord's place. You'd think at this point I'd remember that right after the end of one month, it's the beginning of another one, and would thus mail the rent check in a timely manner. No such luck, so I'm off to hand-deliver it.