08 February 2007

A walk

Put off my run and took the Bad Dogs for a walk around the lake, since it was either that or Mr. Abby was going to shoot them for being hysterical during his nap. (I can't blame him - it's super annoying and they time the hysteria to co-incide with his return home in the evening).

So we trooped around the park. Casey is definitely feeling good - she dragged me most of the way. We stopped at the far side of the lake so Sparky could jump in. As I approached the water, I saw it. Fishing line (discarded).

I'll skip the drawn out details of unwrapping the dogs while they tried to hurtle around on their extendo-leashes. Suffice it to say I'm not forgetting a pocketknife next time I walk them. It was really fine line, too, maybe six pound test. If it had gotten any worse, I'd have had to carry Sparky home to cut him free.

Please, if you fish in my park's lake, don't leave 20 yards of fishing line on the shore.

The forecast is fabulous, with no pending rain. I think I'll take the top down tomorrow. Maybe the doors off, too.