09 February 2007

Games you can play with your spouse

Mr. Abby has recently been participating in some sort of "continued training" in military martial arts. The Marine Corps, in all its wisdom, decided a few years ago to redo its hand-to-hand combat program. Part of the new idea is "belts." Because Marines don't have enough to be competitive about.

This actually kind of smells of "Army" to me. I mean, when I think, "meaningless variation in basic uniform accessories" I think Army. Perhaps we'll talk more about this later.

But today we're talking about the Marine Corps and its "belts." Mr. Abby came home today qualified to wear a "gray belt."

Which I took one look at and said, "Oh! That's the Army's new foliage green!"

Pow! His head exploded.

"It's gray!!!!"

Yeah. Whatever. Foliage green.

It amused me, but I bet he's at work right now, standing next to some poor Soldier, comparing his belt to their ACUs.