04 February 2007

Superbowl halftime update

So it's raining olive oil in Miami? Apparently, it's almost impossible to hold on to the football tonight. Whatever - makes the game entertaining.

Haven't been overwhelmingly impressed by any commercial yet. There've been several "black history" themed spots. That's cool, and they've been good commercials. Budweiser had one with its clydesdales during pregame that featured a "flyover" by a bunch of bald eagles.

Other than that...one dog-themed commercial, which was actually kind of a downer. And that one with the robot...for GM or Chevy or whatever. All I came away from that one with was the thought, "wow...I guess it can be a bummer to be a robot."

C'mon, advertisers. I'm counting on you. Where's this year's "herding cats?" I'm sitting on my couch, drinking Mexican beers, and waiting for advertising greatness.

An aside - I finally had to intercede when Mr. Abby was feeding the dogs cheese and sausage. I love my pets, but if I've spent $75 on gouda, edam and various dry meats, it doesn't all need to go to the dogs... So guess who's the favorite dog parent right now?